Last Modified: August 30, 2022
metaMe Health, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit a company website, such as www.metamehealth.com or www.regulora.com (a “Website”), any Company mobile application, such as the Regulora mobile application (an “App”) along with any other digital platforms that we may provide from time to time, whether as a guest or a registered user (collectively, the “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website, the App, and any other platforms comprising our Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website or a third-party application provider or store, including the App, which provide interaction between you and Company.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Services or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at:
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1230, Chicago, IL 60654
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include device information, operating system, browser type, usage details, IP addresses, metadata stored on your device, and information collected through cookies, and other analytics technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for market or product research purposes. Should we wish to conduct medical research via the Services, we will ask you for your consent prior to participation in any such research.
- Your search queries on the Services.
- Via our mobile application, personal information or PHI (defined below) collected from your participation in clinical trials or medical services that we administer or provide.
We may also use your de-identified PHI to help us learn from your experience and contribute to research. We are committed to ensuring the quality and effectiveness of our services and our Services (including our mobile application), and therefore periodically evaluate the outcomes and experiences of our users. Any information you provide, usage data, or answers you submit to questions in this program may be grouped with information from other users and analyzed in a fully de-identified manner (without your name or other identifying information) to assess the quality of our Services (including our App). This anonymous aggregate information may also be used in scientific research publications and presentations. We are required by law to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your PHI, and we operate the Services (including our App) in compliance with applicable federal and state laws governing health information privacy and security. All medical or health information that we collect is in compliance with HIPAA. All of our systems and platforms are HIPAA-compliant, meaning that we take steps such as encryption of all stored personal information and data transmissions and two-factor authentication of any human-readable data with internal access provided only to appropriate administrators.
We do not link personal information that is collected outside of the context of our mobile application with any PHI.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
However, we provide third party vendors only with anonymized or aggregated data, and our third-party vendors use this anonymized or aggregated data collected from the Services only for purposes related to the operation of the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To contact you regarding your use of our Services.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- To provide and administer clinical trials or medical services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that we offer that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not use the Services or our services. We do not offer third party goods and services via the Services. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We do not offer a means to store any personal information that is not collected via our Services themselves, including the App.
Please see the Medical Information section for information about how we collect, use, and store PHI.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which only includes entities legally associated with the Company, if any.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of metaMe Health, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by metaMe Health, Inc., about our Services’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your explicit consent, including your consent to disclose your personal information (which may include PHI) to your healthcare provider.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or disclosures to the federal government. For instance, we may be required to report a Serious Adverse Event to the FDA, as defined by FDA regulations, which may include the disclosure of personal information.
- To comply with and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of metaMe Health, Inc., our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website, optout.networkadvertising.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We have implemented data security features in compliance with HIPAA. Users should not share HIPAA-protected patient information, including PHI, on any public-facing components or features of the Services. We are not responsible for any breaches of HIPAA requirements or unauthorized disclosure of PHI by you or any third parties on our Website or App. For more information with regard to PHI, please see the “Medical Information” section, above.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
The Company is currently exempt from the provisions of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Further, the CCPA does not apply to any PHI we collect; this Your California Privacy Rights does not create any additional rights or privileges for you as it relates to PHI.
We currently do not sell any of your personal information or PHI to third parties.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not currently disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, to make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please allow us 30 days for a response.
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1230, Chicago, IL 60654